Old June 8th 07, 09:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Default crappy rubber cement?

Graeme Dods wrote:
On Jun 8, 3:04 pm, Duncan wrote:
Had a flat this morning (of course.. it's wet. not really a morning
to ride in in Sydney), and one backup tube had an existing leaky
patch.

The vast majority of punctures I've had have been in the wet. I often
wonder if it's because I can't see little bits of potentially
puncturing debris as easily or the rain is washing/floating bits of
debris around more freely.

Then again, maybe it's something to do with the fact that I ride
through the really deep puddles for fun. There could be anything
hiding in there!

Graeme

We had a thread on this recently and a number of theories were
suggested.

In the end, the consensus was that punctures in the wet were more
likely as water lubricates the glass/metal slicing into the tire.

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.