Old January 4th 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 08:59:30 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per John B.:
when I open a sealed tube, in the kit on the bike, I
replace it with another sealed one as find the glue has dried up is
not quite so much of a catastrophe at home

Ever since I opened a virgin, unopened tube (at home, thankfully) and
found it had dried up, I write the purchase date on each tube and carry
at least two unopened tubes in my patch kit.

Probably wretched excess, since I always carry at least one spare inner
tube - and sometimes two...

I carry one spare tube for local rides and two if I'm going further
AND a tire patching kit :-)

This "logic" originated with a ride where I flatted twice in a 1 Km.
distance.
--
cheers,

John B.