Old January 5th 17, 06:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 11:59:28 -0800, Joerg
wrote:

Try these:

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Thorn.../dp/B000BMT2TM

I never looked back. Reviews are mixed and sometimes they do have poor
valve attachment. Also, some are thick only towards the running surface
and that is less protecting than thick all around.

Thanks. I should probably get something like that instead of the
cheap tubes that I've been buying. Note that the cheap tubes seem to
leak without any riding. I've built wheels, applied pressure, and
watched the pressure drop slowly over a period of several days. The
leaks are small, difficult to find, tricky to plug without a patch,
and very irritating.

Incidentally, I use mostly Presta valves:
https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Thorn-Resistant-Presta-Valve/dp/B000AO9ZX4/

So ask before buying in order to be able to return if not as promised.
As Forest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know
what you gonna get".

I rarely return anything unless its dead on arrival or they shipped me
the wrong stuff. I'll probably just buy one set tubes and see what
happens. $14/ea for 27x1.25. Grumble...

The thicker a tube the better it usually is.

If it means that I don't have to pump up the tires every time I go for
a ride, I'll pay the price.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D