Old January 17th 17, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Barry Beams

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 5:04:38 PM UTC-8, Joerg wrote:
Gentlemen,

Is there something stronger than the usual rubber cement in the patch
kits? Ideally something that won't dry out so fast or where multiple
cheap small tubes are available.

The reason is that I sometimes have larger holes from side wall
blow-outs. Not inch-long gashes but one or two tenths of an inch long.
The tubes I use are super thick and, therefore, expensive. $15-20 each
and that's not something to be thrown out lightly. Instead of the li'l
REMA patches I need to use thicker rubber from an older sacrified tube
but this has to be vulcanized/cemented really well.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Tubulars by design are more puncture resistant than clinchers.
Continental tubulars are amazingly puncture resistant tires. My Sprinters have never flatted on me and are my standard tire when on road bike rides. Only their extra-light stuff like Podiums have ever flatted on me.