Old January 18th 17, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On 1/17/2017 8:54 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 07:55:12 +1100, James
wrote:

Why not put some of Stans goop in the inner tubes and seal them from the
inside?

http://www.notubes.com
http://www.notubes.com/Sealant-C14.aspx
http://www.notubes.com/help/tubelessexplainedanddemystified.aspx
Kinda looks like it's made to allow mountain bikes to run without any
tubes by filling the tires with I suspect is expanding urethane foam.

I don't think so. I think the tires are still filled with air, but that
the sealant is a sort of clotting liquid that automatically plugs any
small holes, much like blood clots.

My question: If a person is running tubeless and gets a flat far from
home - say, if a large piece of glass produces a 1/4" slash - what's the
technique for getting home? Do you install a standard tube, perhaps
with a tire boot?

--
- Frank Krygowski