Old February 28th 06, 12:52 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Grocery getter

OzCableguy Wrote:

so I'm thinking coaster brakes and maybe a 3-speed
hub to be as familiar as possible with the bikes she has ridden in the
past.
Anyone selling 3 speed hubs in Oz? I can only find them already fitted
bikes or the Nexus 7 speeds and they're a bit out of the price range of
this
project.

I have in my garage my original bike from the 70's It has a Sturmey
Archer 3 speed hub. 40 spoke shell. still attached to 28" wheel. It
could be used in such a project. would make a strong wheel. build
date on the hub is about mid 60's. was overhauled 10 or so years ago,
but not ridden since. complete with cables and lever.

Mikeg

--
mikeg