Old July 9th 04, 03:01 AM
Bob Schwartz

Default Levi goes

Jeff Jones jeff@cyclingnews-punt-com wrote:

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Bob Schwartz wrote:
(vi) The top-ranked U.S. eligible athlete in the UCI Road Rankings on

July 5,
2004 not otherwise qualified above and provided if he is ranked in

the top
50.

-----

So Freddy goes based on (iv), he's currently 49th in the UCI ranking.

Oops, that should be (vi).

Speaking of (iv), Levi finished in the top five in the 2.HC ranked Vuelta a
Pais Vasco this year.

Well that was a silly mistake on my part. I quickly scanned
through the calendar and picked up on Julich and Hamilton
at the top but missed Levi in 5th.

So the US sends another stage racer to Athens. There is still
hope for Freddy though. All those guys have to make it to
Paris without falling and breaking something. That's hardly a
lock since each of them knows what it is like to fall and
break something in the Tour.

Bob Schwartz