Old July 14th 03, 05:29 PM
Paul Southworth

Default Warning - Mikado (ProCycle, Canada) Frame Fiasco (IMO Bad design)

In article ,
mark freedman wrote:
ProCycle in Quebec has not replied to two Emails.

This is sadly pretty normal for the bicycle industry - they do not
expect to interact with their customers directly via email, they
count on the local dealer to handle the customer interaction. If
you want to talk to the manufacturer, use the phone or talk to the
factory rep in person - sending email is usually a waste of time no
matter how prominently their address is printed on the web site.

The dealer says I get to pay them to strip the frame
and ship it to ProCycle for examination. Three or four
weeks later, ProCycle MAY decide to ship a replacement
frame. Then I get to pay the dealer to reinstall all the
old parts. Meanwhile I've lost four weeks of prime cycling
season and my holiday plans are ruined.

You might try starting the process over with another ProCycle dealer
to see if they have a better deal to offer, such as a loaner or
lower labor costs for the warranty repair. Or if you can meet up
with the factory rep sometimes they can authorize a warranty
replacement on the spot.

Also, if you don't like the frame, you could consider replacing it
now and selling the replaced/repaired one when it comes back,
assuming you can afford that.

--Paul