Old November 18th 03, 05:24 AM
Paladin

Default A lesson from Pete (first aid)

Penny S wrote:

MTB Lover's cat walked across a keyboard and came up with this:

I read Pete Fagerlin's web page for the first time tonight. Nice page
BTW. Looking at the carnage update, it made me think what a good idea
it is to bring some basic first aid items onto the trail with me. I
can only assume most of you do this, I use a Blow out Bag under my
seat, plus whatever I can fit in my Camelback. What items have prove
most useful for a space conscious rider?

Here's what I keep in a ziplock:

gloves, gauzes, tape, betadine/alcohol wipes, neosporin pockets, TP and
feminine necessities.

You can rinse things with your camel back, wipe up the blood with the gauze
and use some morewith tape to cover things until you get home. The uses of
TP etc should be obvious.

Penny

That's an impressive kit, (since I saw you get to use it one time.)

Here's a summary of what I have. Sock tops, (great to slide over an arm
or leg to hold a bandage on, or to soak up blood, bandaids, antiseptic
stuff, tape, gauze, 4x4's, sprain wrap (forgot the name)tiny first aid
kit, alcohol wipes, ibuprofens, tums, other crap I can't think of now.
Thinking of adding gloves and a surgical type of superglue.

All fits real well in the Mule. And I've used it all a time or two.

Paladin