Old September 6th 19, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Ketone Esters

On Friday, 6 September 2019 03:54:35 UTC-4, news18 wrote:
On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 00:06:25 +0000, Ralph Barone wrote:

James wrote:
On 5/9/19 7:20 am, AMuzi wrote:

I don't know.
I'm happy that you are happy. If this works for you, by all means do
it more.

Your post reminded me of Chalo's all time pithy RBT comment about
cycling-specific energy bars and drinks, "I just eat actual food."
Works for me too.

I ate a meat pie mid ride once. The day was cold. The pie was hot.
Seemed like a good idea at the time. It wasn't though. I was
regurgitating meat all the way home.

Some actual food is counter productive.

During one long ride where I was starting to bonk, the combination of a
Cornish pastie and a half litre of chocolate milk was damn near
miraculous,
so maybe there’s an optimum amount of meat.

IMU, it is the chocolate milk that gave you the boost.

I've read that chocolate milk is an ideal recovery drink.

Cheers