Old November 13th 19, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

Default Bike path safety video

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 16:11:03 UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/12/2019 2:08 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 12:08:43 UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/12/2019 9:35 AM, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2019/11/12/wild-v...ens-bike-path/

Witness says, "Death trap"

Well, was the bike lane painted green? As everyone knows, magic green
paint prevents these things!

--
- Frank Krygowski

Not funny Frank. Not funny at all. I'm sure you wouldn't have made such
a comment had it been one of your family members that got run down.

We have to be able to discuss these things, tragic as they may be.
Otherwise we'll see more and more repetitions.

Like it or not, there are many, many "innovative" bike facilities
recently built and in the works. Many defy traffic logic; and the
typical "cure" is green paint.

Although there's probably nothing that could have prevented this
incident other than preventing that guy from driving. They said he hit
several cars before hitting the cyclist. Fortunately, such egregious
behavior is rare.

--
- Frank Krygowski

What you posted sure didn't sound like the start of a discussion. It
sounded like a cheap attempt at making a joke of a tragic situation.

Cheers

+1