Old April 13th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Block chain, roller chain, shaft-drive, wood-rim, and world's weirdest chain

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:47:05 +0200, "James Thomson"
wrote:

a écrit:

The weirdest chain ever seen:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...4095459&size=o

That's a Simpson lever chain. You can see a small framed copy of the famous
Toulouse-Lautrec poster on the wall behind the bike.

http://cycling.ahands.org/simpson.html

How do you measure chain wear on that thing? Note the Schrader or
Woods valve and the spider-web shock-mount for the fender.

That's a skirt guard.

James Thomson

Dear James,

Aaargh! You're right! Even worse, now that you remind me, I realize
that I knew that and had just forgotten it.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel