Old December 21st 18, 01:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default Driver pleads guilty to killing Chris Boardman's mum

On 20/12/2018 19:22, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 7:04:19 PM UTC, wrote:
On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 8:34:31 PM UTC, wrote:
On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 6:34:27 PM UTC, Simon Jester wrote:

Looks like he was wriggling like a worm until he realised his phone calls were on a log. Scum of the earth.

A custodial sentence as a deterrent to others is certainly in order, maybe 5 years.

I reckon he will get a year's suspended sentence and a 5 year ban. Too many judges are sympathetic to killer drivers, even if they are caught deleting phone messages.

Pity the perverting justice bit was binned as the courts hate that - see Regina vs Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce.

Case in point!

QUOTE: "Former Labour whip Fiona Onasanya could *****face jail***** (EMPHASIS MINE) after she was found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

Onasanya, 35, was found to have lied to police to avoid a speeding charge following a retrial at the Old Bailey today.

With her political career in tatters, she has been formally suspended by the Labour party and is now facing calls to resign as an MP.

The solicitor and Labour MP was accused of colluding with her brother Festus after her car was seen speeding at 41mph in a 30mph zone in the village of Thorney, near her constituency of Peterborough at 10pm on July 24 2017."
ENDS

The courts hate this type of thing, like I said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-justice.html

In 2008, I received a letter from the DVLA accusing me of driving at 46mph in a 40mph zone. I sent the letter back with a note on it stating that it was my wife and not me that broke the law. Later on, she got the points and the fine. Not a problem!

Life at your house must be a real barrel of laughs.

That's if you're still married.