Old April 14th 14, 02:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Way to wander off track there Ed.* The point was
whether more, or less, trails were becoming open to bikes.* In the UK, I
can state for a fact that it's more .. I don't have the data for the US but your
mate Vandeman was complaining about the amount of new trails being created so I
suspect the situation is the same there too.* Your point is
refuted.

It is a pendulum which is beginning to swing back now. I
suggest you practice your walking skills because your biking days on trails are
numbered.

It's very difficult to predict ... especially the future :-). We will see won't we ?

As to your point about the trails in Minnesota ...

stop being so authoritarian and hubristic.* You may believe that these
trails are the best thing ever to ride .. they sound fairly boring to me and far
too close to a road experience.* You don't get to decide what other people
enjoy doing.

Only hooligans like you ever want to ride off-road on a single
track trail meant for hikers.

Ah, back to ad-hominem again I see. Just because I enjoy riding my bike in a natural environment does not make me a hooligan Ed. Although you may beg to differ.

If you are bored by cycling on a road, then get
off your god damn ****ing bike and walk a trail like everyone else, However I
suspect that bores you too.

Why don't you just walk on pavement in the city then Ed ? Is that the same experience ? I don't think so.

Why not stay home and find a hobby that does not
bore you.

I have many, many hobbies which don't bore me ... including mountainbiking.

Society has every
right to restrict your cycling to roads. Mr. Vandeman and I are working to make
that happen.

Society does, you don't. And society is mostly not comprised by extremists like you and instead rather more moderate people who accept that a public resource cannot simply be annexed solely for their preferred mode of recreation.

As such, I'm pretty confident that your efforts will continue to be in vain, as they have been for the past 20 years.

More bad news from the trenches for idiots like Blackblade who
maintain there are no conflicts worth mentioning. Everything to him is just a
number (data). Why not try to tell that to this gentleman who now has a broken
leg due to a mountain biker.

No, he has a broken leg because an unfortunate co-incidence of mountainbiker and horse occurred. This is not a common occurrence.