Old April 16th 14, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

This is why, to get a real perspective, you have to

ask EVERYONE ... or at least a reasonable sample of everyone ... otherwise you
are never going to get the broad picture.

Edward Dolan wrote:

It is only necessary to get input from serious hikers and
equestrians.

Very funny ... and totally idiotic. I know, let's ask only pedestrians and cyclists whether cars should be permitted on roads !

You want to ask one small user group only if all user groups should have access ...

Yes, since all recent groups, such as mountain bikers, are essentially nothing but interlopers and are not welcomed by the traditional users. Extreme democracy is for idiots. It is only serious intellectuals like Mr. Vandeman and Myself that ever need to be asked anything even remotely connected to trails. Mountain bikers should never be asked anything not related to their dumb asses since that is where their brains are located.

The vast majority of people using the trails will never report
anything.

Indeed ... because there are very few conflicts and the vast majority have no problem with sharing. Your small, vocal, minority is just that .... a small minority.

The ONLY minority that counts!

You are so far out of the loop that you simply have no idea
what is going on in the arena of trail conflicts. Your ignorance of the issues
is abysmal.

I'm here liaising with you and asking you to backup your opinions with some real data ... but you can't. As such, I've given you the opportunity to provide convincing argument to refute my position but you can't. You cite thousands of conflicts, then can't back it up. You cite thousands of complaints, then can't back it up.

The conflicts and complaints themselves are the only data that matter to me since it is intelligent data, not dumb data like yours.

My personal experience is of no conflict ... and I've ridden twice a week for three years now in this area.

You are living in a backwater and simply have no clues about what is happening in the real world. California is the state where everything happens first and the rest of the world follows.

Why not read the following to get some clues.

Because it's one person's opinion.

If no one has ever told you that you are an idiot, I am telling you now. No charge! I am telling you what you are out of the goodness of My Great Sainthood.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great