Old December 10th 17, 08:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default AG: Spinning, slogging, grinding and hills

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 14:15:37 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 23:40:12 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

When we tell people that it isn't a good idea to wreck your knees and
exhaust yourself by slogging up hills, they seem to think that we're
saying "spin furiously and get all out of breath".

The idea is to shift down until you can keep up your normal cadence
without pushing any harder than usual. When you can do that, a hill
is no problem at all. Boring, perhaps, but not a problem.

While you are certainly I find spinning up hill to be, well sort of
counter intuitive. After all one is going up a hill which everyone
knows is hard work so one should be working harder :-)

Shouldn't one?

A corrected post :-(
While you are certainly correct I find spinning up hill to be, well
--
Cheers,

John B.