Old July 13th 18, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default drill/tap in frames

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 20:37:07 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 7/12/2018 5:43 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:20:56 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 7/12/2018 12:50 PM, AMuzi wrote:
Sometimes, the crowd looks to The Left while
visionaries look Right:

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/defa...20nato%204.jpg

Two proud parents waited for the middle school marching band to pass by
during the town parade. Soon they saw all the children concentrating
hard, blaring on their clarinets and trumpets, and marching left, right,
left, right...

Except for their own little boy, who was marching right, left, right, left.

"Look, dear!" said the proud mother. "Everyone's out of step except our
little Donnie!"

One always wonders whether there will be a secondary effect of some of
these actions.

The U.S. is the largest exporter of arms in the world with $10 billion
of exports last year. How much of the $10 B is procured by Nato?

One might also not want to ignore the fact that NATO IS a neuclar
power with 200 odd neuclar bombs stored in various places in Europe.

One might argue that we make good hardware, software,
armament and kit. One might also argue that arms sales are
more political than economic so quality, price or
performance may not even be factors when compared to
arm-bending 'deals one cannot refuse' as it were.

This is undoubtedly correct but if 10 billion is entering the economic
system there is some justification for saying "what difference does it
make where it comes from.... it is 10 billion!

How political can arms sales possibly be?

https://sputniknews.com/us/201807081...ell-old-tanks/

My experience has been that arms deals are generally either political
or corrupt, or both.

Some years ago we were quietly asked by the Indonesian A.F. if we
could supply some bits and pieces for Huey helicopters. As soon as we
placed the first order we were informed that the parts were
unavailable (to us).

Being Canadian, they wouldn't want their surplus tanks used
to hurt people or anything like that:

the list of potential buyers was rather short due to
Canada's policy not to sell weapons to "problematic countries."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4318852/c...orces-fizzles/

At least in the two wheeler world I really don't care about
your personal morals once your charge card runs and your
bike leaves my premises.

--

Cheers,

John B.