Old January 23rd 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Recumbents, where are they?

Duram wrote:
Just came from a trip to Orlando and NY and after visiting lots
of BIG bikes stores I could not find one bent to sell, how bents are
going to be future bikes if nobody cares about them?

I think recumbents are much more of a regional thing, when I lived up
north mostly what I saw was MTB's. Here in Florida I see a pretty good
mix. Lots of x-mart quality bikes of various types. Quite a few quality
road bikes. And just in my little town probably about a dozen or so
'bents of various makes, I have seen an recognized at least 3 or 4
brands, BikeE, Sun, Easy Racer, Bacchetta, Rans and one or two that I
didn't recognize.

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/