Old July 1st 04, 10:08 AM
GILD

Default South African Uni-Hockey

in the (unlikely) event of any south african unicyclists lurking around
these forums, i thought i'd post info about the ongoing saga of trying
to get some uni-hockey going in south africa

we've now found a venue, an outdoor in-line hockey rink
complete with a wall that's about 1m high all the way around the rink
the corners are nicely bevelled and they have goal posts
all we need now are the players...

brass tacks:
Saturday 3rd of July
Ranger's In-Line Hockey Rink
c/o Short- and Boundary Streets
Linden
(directly opposite the Linden Police Station.)
(used to be the Linden Tennis Club)
(still so indicated in the map-book)

time:
13h00-16h00 (yeah, right!)

bring:
uni (20" or 24")
street hockey stick (there r some xtras lying around)
tennis ball (we seem to pop them at a fair rate)
sensible shoes (allways wanted to write that)
sense of fun and humour

cost:
R25-00 per player (this what they're charging us for the use of the
rink)
spectators free!!

soft drinks and snacks will be on sale from their kiosk
i'll bring a cooler bag in case anyone is in need of 'being beered'
beer profits will go into the fund to get us to the next international
uni-hockey tournament

for more detail, ph me or mail me
dave
082-684-7399

i hope to have some pics to post on monday

ps. this is all joe marshall's fault
thanx joe

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser (ocfopgm)

If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.
-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth
'[image: http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/sp/84255.gif]'
(
http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)