Old August 15th 05, 04:11 AM
Slugger

Default Any used recumbents in DFW?

In article , Mark Leuck
wrote:

"Slugger" wrote in message
In article , Tracer wrote:

Riding a bike in DFW is a death wish I bet. Cripes they don't have
sidewalks in most places. And if you don't have a SUV or truck of some
sort you're not Texan your CRAZY!

I trust this was posted in jest, DFW has plenty of sidewalks and like most
other cities it is perfectly safe to ride in most streets. I do it every day

Well Mark i'm partly joking but compared to Canada at least those parts
of Texas don't have many sidewalks. Not that it matters to a biker. Are
Texans courtious to your biking ways? I almost never see anyone biking
in Tx. My mother lives in Ft Worth so I'm no stranger to the area. The
city is sprawled out more than Toronto with a 4th of its population. To
get from A to B seems to take forever on highways and overpasses. Do
you bike on those highways?

Cheers.