Old June 22nd 07, 09:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

Default Nothing Personal

TimC wrote:
It's not just us cyclists who the papers don't give a **** about.

"Car and horse collide"

A horse had to be put down following a collision with a motor
vehicle on Monday, 18 June.

At approximately 11.50pm, the driver of the vehicle was preparing to
turn off the Newell Highway and into a driveway when a horse
travelled in front of the vehicle.

While the motor vehicle sustained minor damage in the accident, the
driver was uninjured.

That's a strange way to spell "the driver didn't look at what was
approaching when they turned off the road. Despite there being a
bloody large horse in front of them, they still turned into it."
Funny how it's always the non-car that collides with the car. And no
comment on the rider of the horse, but the driver was uninjured.

Probably the same driver who pulled out in front of our bus (doing
100km/h, with about 50 metres to spare) yesterday, then proceeded to
dawdly the 8km back into town at 50km/h.

Exactly 24 hours later, someone rolled their car several times after
swerving for a kangaroo. I believe the roo got away

And now the paper is reporting local sightings of the black panther.

What a town...

Did the horse have lights and reflectors attached? Was it near the left
hand side of the lane? Was it racing other horses in a pack? Should
horses have to be licensed to go on the road? Did it go through a red
light and would a helmet have saved it?

Friday