Old March 26th 15, 12:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Plastic Part Threaded into Al: Grease?

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
:Per Phil W Lee:
:Took it out of the manufacturer's backing, nastified it by rubbing beach
:sand on the plastic float, applied a little bleach, wrote a "Property
:of...." in magic marker on the float, hit the fabric/wrist float with a
:little Clorox... intend to put a few printouts of Crag's List ads for
:same-brand cams at very low prices in the box and so-on and so-forth.
:
:I wonder if there's any official designation for "returning lost
:property"? :-D

:Sounds logical, but I doubt it in light of what I have read/heard so
:far: they want to know exactly what is in the package...period.

For sending your own goods back to the US (like, you're on vacation
for six months, and you want to send your winter clothes back), there
is a special catagory. You label the package "American Goods
Returned". Still have to list the contents, but they're free of duty.
(Unless, of course, customs decides they're new and you're lying to
them.) I do not know if other countries have similar rules, or not.

--
sig 28