Old January 21st 19, 04:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Electric dangers

" writes:

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 7:29:06 PM UTC-6, John B. Slocomb wrote:
But realistically, one can't expect all
reporters to know all about everything.

Cheers,
John B.

Yes. But I expect even people without a high school diploma to know
CO2 does not burn, and cannot burn. Its a fire suppressant. I
assume, maybe incorrectly, that anyone working at a newspaper or a
reporter, to have a few years of elementary school or high school
education. CO2 not burning is right up there with night is dark,
winter is cold. You don't need much intelligence to know that.

CO2 can serve as an oxidizer, which might surprise even an educated
person. I'm fairly sure that if trying to use a CO2 fire extinguisher on a
lithium fire will just make it worse.