Old April 29th 04, 11:37 PM
aspenmike

Default Small town newspapers - the best

And I have been thinking about your proposal for this summer: 20000'

of elevation change in a day is mighty tempting. I would love to ride up
Mt Evans as part of that.

Nathan, Let's Do It! Average riding elevation is around 10,000'. The
ride I have mapped out for the 20,000' elevation change is not MT.
Evans, but we could do that a day or two after the big one. Mt. Evans is
the "classic" high altitude ride, topping out at 14,000'. The other one,
we would summit 4 different passes, and travel about 85 miles with
20,000' elevation change/ 10,000' up and about 10,000' down. I plan on
riding it either July 10, 17 or August 7th. It would be great to suffer
with someone else. Let me know.

I love the story of "The Agony of Defeat". That's happened to me too.

Adrenaline is crazy stuff, makes you do silly things. I was a little
tired as well, which helped in the UPD at 14,000'.

--
aspenmike - unicycling albino
aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768