Old September 11th 03, 03:15 AM
Slider2699

Default Bicycle friendly town in Florida

"Pbwalther" wrote in message

Another place you might look at it Inverness. They have the Withalacochee
(sic?) Bicycle Trail go through there and you can do a century on the

trail
without difficulty and the trail does not have many people on it either.
Inverness is a nice town from what I have seen. Again it isn't coastal

but it
is pleasant.

I live in Homosassa, which is in the same county as Inverness. The trail is
great, but it's 20 minutes by car, and it's a PITA to hook up my rack just
to go the trail. I commute 3x/week, and I mostly take roads through
subdivisions. It's surprisingly hilly between Homosassa and Hernando... :-)