Old January 6th 06, 12:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default New Year pedolutionists

warrwych wrote:
you will have to excuse some of our banter - we all ride a range of
bikes here and for a range of different reasons. I also ride my mtb to
work (the same one I rode Mont on - its a bike, it goes), so it's gotta
be good.

Sounds right to me

I think Mr Warner was getting at that most newbies to the sport,
grossly generalising here, buy some kind of mtbas their first bike.
When pitted against peak hour traffic, and combined with undeveloped or
underdeveloped skills, they can be hazardous because they are slower and
"harder" to manouvere in traffic. It's a bit like a keen nissan z driver
getting stuck behind an L plater driving a combi.

Heh. Funny you mention that. After some not so subtle intimidation by my
beloved, I'm learning to drive now, (mostly as a 'just in case' measure)
and I'd reckon that I'm probably safer on my bike.

Of course whether that is due to my bike skills, or my complete lack of
driving skills is entirely open to interpretation

--
daveL