Old January 6th 06, 01:25 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default New Year pedolutionists

Tamyka Bell wrote:
If your toe straps are loose enough that they're quicker to get out of
than clipless pedals, they might as well not be there

Tam

They're really only there to prevent my foot slipping off the pedal, and
to allow me to put the foot further forward than plain platform pedals
(similar position to with my clipless) certainly not for efficient
pedalling. Largely in response to old memories of my first road bike in
the early eighties which had metal platform pedals with "spikes" to
prevent the foot slipping. Problem was, when the foot did slip the
spikes went into what ever skin was nearby (so many bloody shins ).

DaveB