Old September 13th 05, 01:03 PM
Jon Meinecke

Default Question about Ebay

"nj_diver" wrote in message
ups.com...
Don't do it. It's more hassle than it's worth. I speak from
experience. Even shipping to Canada (or buying from our neighbors to
the north) can be a royal P.I.T.A.

Yes. Sold my BOB YAK trailer to a guy in Canada. Shipping
was easy, but he ended up owning about US$35 in import
brokerage fees and taxes. NAFTA obviously didn't apply. %^)
Even so, the used trailer including shipping, import fees
and taxes was about half the cost of a new trailer and the
hassle for me was minimal (UPS has online tools).

I later learned shipping by postal service between US and
Canada may result in more reasonable/predictable import
fees as they are more of a set rate.

Jon Meinecke