Old August 20th 05, 05:52 AM
Naomi

Default BC Wheel Propulsion/braking?

"flyer" wrote in message
list.com...

hey!

I'm at the stage with my bc wheel now where I can mount and go for a
fair ways before falling off. I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to
take a foot off, and push like a skateboard.
I know af ew of you are pretty damn good with the bc wheel (lookin' at
you, spencer ), perhaps you could give me a few hints here.

OK take anything I say with caution for I do not ride the BC wheel. To
take a foot off means all your weight is then on one side of the wheel, so
my first guess is that you will have to tilt it. Once weight is on one
side will you not automatically have maximum braking with the active leg?,
which will make any skate push difficult?
So it may be worth while trying to ride with more weight on one side and
shifting that balance gradually, rather than just "going for it". Test the
water gradually.
Or just find a shalow hill

Nao