Old September 8th 17, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default No Fuel Shortages Or Bottlenecks Evacuating By Bicycle

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 16:30:29 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 15:39:11 +0100, Bod wrote:

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 14:51:21 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 08/09/2017 14:32, Bod wrote:

I have a friend on the Gulf of Mexico side of the peninsula.
They have 500 mies to drive to be safe from Irma.

Quite a job on a bike, as I'm sure you will agree.

---
http://www.avg.com

I doubt the intelligence of people who *choose* to live in an
area where hurricanes are a regular occurrence.

What, the WHOLE of the sub-tropical area around the Gulf of
Mexico
and the Carribean?

It should be unpopulated wilderness, should it?

I said those who "choose" to.

The whole of the population of the Caribbean, Mexico and the
Central
American states, plus Texas, Lousiana, Mississippi, Alabama,
Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas?

What, ALL of them?

Can you not understand the word "choose"?
Are you silly enough to want to move to a well known hurricane
area
to live? Perhaps you would prefer to choose a home on a flood
plain
for your home?
There are many that choose to live in these volatile areas for tax
avoidance reasons, ie..greed, in which case I find it hard to
drum up
any sympathy for them. The same applies to the thousands who
*choose*
to go on holiday in the hurricane seasons. Fools, that's what they
ar

You have the weirdest of ideas about the people who live around the
Gulf. And their reasons for living there.
*
Oh dear, you have a comprehension problem. Let me try to simplify
the
word *choose*; *choose* means you have a *choice* where to live.
This discludes people who cannot *choose*, meaning that they do
*not*
have a *choice*.
People who *choose* to live in an area where they have seasonal
hurricanes are either stupid or ignorant of the dangers.

Just to be clear. I DO feel sorry for the people who have no
*choice*,
ie; the ones who are natives and born there who do not have the
means to
move to a safer district.

They can walk!

You too have a comprehension problem. If they can't afford move,
walking
won't help them.

Moving isn't expensive if you do it yourself.

Most indigenous people on those islands only have shacks.

Which you can build anywhere.

Explain to me how these island people walk to safe districts hundreds of
miles away carrying their possesions across the seas!