Old December 28th 05, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

Default Tom Kunich is a ass

wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know what started this as I haven't read this newgroup for a
while, but if "Tom Kunich" is causing trouble, it's not the real guy.
I've often had exchanges with Tom Kunich and he would teach most others
on this newsgroup how to behave.

Thanks, and it is becoming ever more clear that no one should post here
using their real name. The fact is that the group was losing its usefulness
because of the high noise to signal ratio. But then with the advent of Roger
Bratton followed most shockingly by Jobst Brandt who until this time I
considered to be one of the high points of the groups (save a certainly
pig-headishness which I assigned to aging engineerism) I suppose that there
is no longer any point in using the newsgroups since they seem to be
inhabited by lunatics who have memory spans of the last three days.

Apparently the only thing that Jobst can remember about me is that I
disagreed with his assessment of Campy Delta brakes. A hundred to one he
doesn't remember riding up Kings Mountain Rd with me. Or rather riding away
from me in his 46-19 or whatever rediculous gear he was pushing. (Psst -
Jobst - Delta brakes are still selling like hot cakes and often for a great
deal more than they cost new. Now I agreed that they were inferior designs
but perhaps you'll recall that argument as going somewhat along the lines
of - "They aren't the best but they aren't murderous as you claim.")

McNamara is a little easier to understand. He can't stand it if someone
criticizes bicycle helmets. After that it's pure hatred.

Now I admit that some people don't understand my humor. You have to put part
of that with growing up in the Oakland "ghetto" where when someone did good
you punched him.

For instance:

Ed Wagner
Apr 29 2001, 4:04 pm show options

We had the Corporate Challenge TT here in Tulsa today. ~ I did a personal
best for this course at 14:07 unofficially.

Tom Kunich
May 1 2001, 7:03 am show options
Good going fatso.

I'm sure that our good Doctor would understand that considering where he
grew up himself.

That started one of rbr's famous snits based on the fact that (apparently)
Ed was sensitive about his weight. (Did it occur to any of those psychotic
idiots that in a written format I had no idea whether Ed was fat, old or
perhaps young strong and handsome? And I suppose I should have expected that
the one that started the real snit about it was a fat guy.)

What remains curious is that people will read a 300 word posting with
scientific data, complete citations, graphs, numerations and then claim that
I'm insulting them. That DOES seem to fall into the catagory of "truth
hurts".

So is this what's to become of the internet news groups? Jobst printing a
map to my house? McNamara inventing new insults that he believes I ought to
have done? Or perhaps everyone enjoying and egging on an internet weirdo
that is just short (if short at all) from being in one of those Holloween
movies?