Old December 19th 07, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon[_2_]

Default TfL Survey about rental bikes for public use

"Paul Murphy" wrote in message

My selfish concern was that when I do travel into London by train, I
usually rely on the Metrolink or busses because they're included in the
cost of my travelcard (which isn't much more expensive than a London
return ticket). I cant help thinking that perhaps such a scheme might be
better suited to a built up area where there aren't already so many public
transport options available.....

Paul

I'd be quite happy to pay for the hire of a bike rather use the tube when I
visit London. I find the tube rather hot and sweaty especially in the
summer months and I'm not a confident user of the bus system i.e. I haven't
a clue which bus to catch or where to get off. I anticipate that the
charges would be quite low especially for short duration rides and would be
a 'surcharge' that I'd be prepared to pay.