Old August 19th 19, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Campy B.B. compatibility

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 5:45:05 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:

I know for a fact that the DuraAce crank would not fit properly on the Campy tapers since I tried it.

Every person who has any mechanical bicycle aptitude knows this. This simple, widely known fact is not under discussion in this thread. Campagnolo uses ISO (International Standards Organization?) taper. Shimano uses JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) taper. They both have the same angle of taper and probably length of taper. But I think the JIS starts as a bigger taper size than the ISO.