Old November 4th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tim McNamara

Default France + Switzerland mountain roads questions

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

I definitely don't enjoy switching hotel rooms more often than I have
to! But I also dislike a lot of driving. I'll check out the option of
staying the entire time in Albertville, regardless of how
non-descript a place people describe it as. The other option would be
to stay the first two nights in Grenoble, which is definitely a lot
closer. Picking up the car is probably going to be in Chambery no
matter what though, since there are very few places open on
Saturdays. Pretty much limited to Lyon (too far from the hotels),
Chambery or Grenoble.

Back in 2002 there was a car rental agency in the train station in
Grenoble.