Old September 25th 14, 09:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

This is how dumb you can [Blackblade] get when you don't follow what
is

being reported in the media. Ignorance is bliss, apparently.

I will leave the enjoyment of ignorance to you ... as you don't

want to read anything that doesn't agree with your limited viewpoint.

I have read your crap until I am overflowing with the
stupidity of it.

So reports from the British Medical Journal and the Mountain Rescue Service are 'crap' whereas random media articles culled from the web are valuable ? The only stupidity here is yours in assuming that you know everything and don't have to read anything.

However, the fundamental point remains ... there is NO "near

universal" acknowledgement of the dangers.* The risk remains 1.54 injuries
per 1,000 exposures which is relatively low when compared with other sports and
activities.

I advise that you stay away from any and all numbers as they
only lead you astray.

I think you know what you can do with your 'advice' ! I will stick with real data and leave the fantasy, opinion and speculation to you.

increasing deaths of bikers on trails will result in its

banishment.

It can happen rather suddenly if and when the outrage reaches

a certain point.

*

All kinds of things can happen when there is sufficient public

impetus.* However, as more and more people wish to ride I would suggest
that the more likely outcome is that biking will be increasingly accomodated
rather than banned.

Biking will be restricted more and more. It will be banished
from dangerous trails where there is a record of injuries and deaths. Not every
one in the world is as stupid as you are.

You keep writing this despite there being no evidence whatsoever of it actually happening ... in fact, the opposite is occurring, more and more trails are becoming open to bikes. A fact that your criminal pal vandeman bemoans but acknowledges is true.