Old September 1st 17, 04:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doc O'Leary[_21_]

Default Mr.Tuffy liner for road bikes ok? Or 2nd tube?

For your reference, records indicate that
Joerg wrote:

Any words of wisdom? As usual, weight absolutely does not matter.

In case anyone knows: I read somewhere that smugglers "inflate" their
vehicle tires with some sort of hardening sealant (Silicone?
Construction foam?) that makes the tires bullet-proof. What material is
it and how do they get it in there thoroughly enough? Would it be good
for a couple of thousand miles?

Well, if weight really isn’t an issue, people do already make airless/
air-free bicycle tires. Foam rubber of varying density to simulate
different air pressures. I had a friend who considered them some years
back, but they *really* are not light.

--
"Also . . . I can kill you with my brain."
River Tam, Trash, Firefly