Old April 18th 09, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

Default The BMA Promote Safer Cycling

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:24:34 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 21:45:07 +0100, Phil W Lee
phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk wrote:

considered Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:53:17 +0100
the perfect time to write:
Nothing of any consequence removed.
Nurse! she's out again!

What a pity she forgot to mention the lies they had to remove after
publication, and the debate where a former medical student pretended
that a human skull is equivalent to a watermelon. But she probably
doesn't know about that - it is, after all, in conflict with her
cherished beliefs, so the only proper response is to stick her fingers
in her ears, chant "laa laa I'm not listening" and then continue to
spout ignorant twaddle as she has right from the word go.

And anyway, the details would cause the link to wrap, and we all know
that the entire Internet is one huge conspiracy to make judith look
stupid when she unwraps links.

Guy

I am sorry to publicise up to date information on the BMA - I assume
that you would rather still go by old stuff.

I see that you are still relying on information from 4 years ago -
never one to keep abreast of developments were you?

However, I guess that you will agree that it's good that such an
august professional body supports helmets and has very clearly stated
this fact.

Please do not lie - there was never pretence by anyone that a human
skull is equivalent to a water melon.

There was no water melon dropped on the floor.

What the delegate actually said was:

"I was thinking of dropping this, it's a water melon, on the floor, to
show how effective a helmet is but health and safety suggested that if
the melon does splatter I've got problems..."

This is where people realise that you are actually lying much of the
time. You know, and I know that there was never any such pretence -
but that does not stop your further lies and deceit does it.

Have you asked a small group of kids for their view on cycle helmets
recently so that BHRF can claim it as serious research again?

How many do you need to make the research valid - is it 5 or will 4
suffice?

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy