Old June 10th 18, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default Chain waxing

jbeattie wrote:

:I just got back from Universal where I bought a liter of Shimano mineral
il for the hydraulic brakes. It was $4 more than buying 50ml from
:Bike Gallery. Incroyable -- $17.99 for 50ml. Even from Western, it's
:$12.75 for 50ml. You can get 1,000ml for anywhere from $18-22 low street
rice. I didn't even bother price matching at Universal and paid $22.
:I'll never use all that mineral oil, but I couldn't bear spending so much
:for 50ml. Maybe I'll sell the left overs on the disk brake black market.

It's not going to go bad. I find it infuriating that no one sells
mineral oil in quanties other than 50ml or 1000ml.

--
sig 42