Old September 12th 17, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Taya Chain

On 2017-09-08 18:52, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/8/2017 3:06 PM, Joerg wrote:

Same with the tires BTW. They had 60k miles, still half the tread but
were well past 10 years. Looked good buy common recommendations state
that means it's time to buy new tires. Try _that_ with a bicycle tire.

60,000 miles on the tires and they still had half the tread left?
Meaning your car tires would last 120,000 miles if they weren't too old?

Yes. Not 120000mi but 100000mi, with ease. I wrote half the tread and I
do not use tires until they are totally bald. It's not safe.

Joerg, you need someone to edit your fantastic claims, to give them at
least a _hint_ of plausibility.

You need to start buying good products.

You need to quit confusing your fantasies with reality.

From
https://www.consumerreports.org/tire...will-tell-you/

"From this extensive test program, we found that high-scoring UHP summer
tires last about 35,000 to 40,000 miles, including the top-rated
Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Add another 20,000 miles or so for most
high-scoring UHP all-season tires. The treadwear champ is the Goodyear
Eagle Sport A/S with an impressive 70,000-mile wear projection in our
test. But expect lower mileage if you drive aggressively and or have a
high-horsepower car."

The "champ" gets 70,000 miles. Your 120,000 and even your 100,000 are
fantasies.

--
- Frank Krygowski