Old May 9th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Giro-d'Italia stage 3 summary

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
.net...
"Hell and High Water" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...

Favourites standings :

13 Danilo Di Luca 0.39

He's gonna win this thing.

DiLuca and Savoldelli both have a problem with really steep hills that
Cunego doesn't. And that Rujano character will pull Cunego out of reach of
those two. I don't think that Simoni will be able to keep up with Rujano
and Cunego but should be able to get enough out of the really bad days
that he should finish ahead of them unless he has a bad day.

****, I didn't mention Basso because I can't figure him out. I don't believe
that anyone can win both races in the same year (despite Pantani) anymore so
I can't figure out if he will try or not. I believe that he's using the Giro
to train up to the Tour. If he's in a good spot I think that he'll give the
Giro an honest try but I don't think he's going to threaten his Tour by
riding too hard in the Giro.