Old September 13th 17, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Woodall[_2_]

Default Cycling into Canary Wharf

On 2017-09-13, Nick wrote:
On 12/09/2017 19:04, Tim Woodall wrote:
I've started a new job and I now have a commute that it's worth cycling
(previous commute took about as long by bike as by foot when you include
the time getting the brompton out onto the road and folded up again at
the other end)

But I'm failing miserably at working out how to get into Canary Wharf -
in particular to the Jubilee Park car park.

My plan is to come along the A13, A1261, turn right onto Westferry Road,
up onto Westferry Circus, West India Avenue (and then it's easy) but I'm
struggling at getting onto westferry circus upper level. I keep ending
up on the underground bit.

Go up the ramp in the middle of the road (westferry)?

That's what I (thought) I did yesterday but something went wrong -
perhaps I took the wrong exit on Westferry Circus once I was up there.

I took the 135 bus home tonight and it should be easy! If I fail again
I'll take the 135 bus to work and then hopefully all will be clear.

I might change my route home though. I think the route the bus takes,
via Westferry Circus has fewer traffic lights. Upper Bank Street I get
caught by three or four sets. Turning right onto Canada Square from
Upper Bank Street and I think there are then only pedestrian lights -
which may or may not be against me.

Tim.