Old June 6th 18, 03:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Chain waxing

Does Joerg have a sense of humor or is he just basically nuts? In a single paragraph he's proved the entirety of my thesis that the neurosis of chain-cleaning is a religious rite.

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 3:35:23 PM UTC+1, Joerg wrote:

I clean my chain thoroughly using interdental toothbrushes. My wive
found a brand at Costco that is more rigid than the usual ones so the
job goes faster now. First used for my teeth, then later some day for a
chain. Afterwards scrubbing with an old regular toothbrush, followed by
a good wipe-down with Kleenex. Once the chain is really shiny I apply
White Lightning Epic Ride. If you shake the bottle well the waxy stuff
in it dissolves and thus gets onto the chain as well. I use a Q-Tip to
dab it onlto the links, then gently wipe off any excess with a Kleenex.