Old June 7th 18, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Hex Wrenches

On 6/7/2018 12:53 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
:After all these decades, I have no fancy hex wrenches -- nothing with a t-handle. Fanciest is a pedal wrench and a Park three-way. Are the Park T-handle wrenches worth it versus the standard long wrenches, e.g. https://www.westernbikeworks.com/pro...hex-wrench-set I'm also a little leery of the ball end fit.
Park's hex wrenches used to be (and may still be) made by bondus.
This is the set I use for bikes:
https://www.amazon.com/Bondhus-13389.../dp/B00012Y38C
I also use these (long L balldrivers)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E80G7A
which are nice for obstructed pieces.
I also a set of standard length Elkind hex keys, which are handy for
putting in a pocket to go visit someone, and surprisingly nice for how
cheap they are.

I've also got assorted bits for interchangle bit screwdrivers, and
sockets, which find a use on bikes once in a while.

I fail to understand the love for Wera drivers. They're really
expensive for Chinese made tools, and not any nicer than what Bondhus
sell.

We're also happy with Wiha allen products:
https://www.wihatools.com/hex-tools/ball-end-hex
some of which are very old and have been re faced many times.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/