Old March 9th 17, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Bicycle Light Theft & Bicycle Parking Infrastructure

I, on the other hand, look for a place where dozens of people have a
clear view of anyone who might feel like messing with my bike.

I've never had a bike part stolen. Well, not that I remember -- I was
born with chronic amnesia --

That's nice, Joy. But here is my experience. The 1st time I rode my bike to grade school I came out at 3pm I found my new 1st bike lock had been dismantled and the pieces laid out on the asphalt in a perfect array, as if to be photographed and use as an exploded-view parts diagram or something. The bike appeared to be untouched.

This one. Except mine was blue:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mast...EgoY6zdceUoEM: