Old March 9th 17, 08:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Decent bicycle light cost

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 10:56:40 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 3/8/2017 8:45 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I can tell after one short nightime ride whether the light meets my needs. It's nothing like buying a bicycle. Besides, many shops do let you take a bicycle out for a decent length test ride.

I wonder: If a guy buys a Campy carbon fiber crankset, installs it,
tests it, and says "Heck, I still can't beat my buddy up that big hill,"
does he qualify for a refund? ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

Now you're simply trolling by comparing lights to bicycles. Like I said before and you should know; it's very easy to tell if a light will light the road or trail the way you need it to. I took the bike outside the store onto a dark street and withing one block I KNEW the light was NOT suitable for my needs. What's so hard to understand about that? What's so hard to understand that someone does NOT want to spend hundreds of dollars experimenting with hub dynamose before finding something that meets THEIR needs not yours? Besides, I can tell within a few blocks if a different bicycle will be faster than the one I'm riding.

Cheers