Old March 10th 17, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bicycle Light Theft & Bicycle Parking Infrastructure

On 3/10/2017 12:20 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 10:21:33 -0800 (PST), Doug Landau
wrote:

This one. Except mine was blue:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mast...EgoY6zdceUoEM:

Master bicycle locks are particularly easy to pick, decode, bypass, or
cut. Lots of videos on YouTube showing how this is done:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=master+bicycle+lock

One prolific and skilled lock picking expert has many videos on how
badly Master locks are designed and built:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=master+lock+bosnianbill
There are various videos showing how to open Master padlocks using
common items (bamboo skewer, cat food can lid, zip tie, hammer, etc).
For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9MB5XPsp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_wNgp_L1Uw
For the curious, I practice opening locks in my spare time.

I recall reading an autobiography of Richard Feynman. He had the same
hobby, and used it to demonstrate how insecure was the storage of some
confidential or classified government information.

--
- Frank Krygowski