Old March 20th 17, 11:48 PM posted to
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
Default The University of Aalborg Study on Daytime Flashing Lights forBicycles.

On 3/20/2017 5:26 PM, sms wrote:
On 3/20/2017 1:40 PM, wrote:

No worries, I do not think you are a paid shill - just

Gee, thanks.

Jeff showed himself to be extremely knowledgeable of statistics and
noted the chief problem with the study. They did NOT show actual
numbers because Reelights could not afford to shell out hundreds of
thousands of free lights.

So this study was probably confined to perhaps a thousand and the
change in accidents was in fact statistically irrelevant. So taken in
pure percentages and presented as if it had meaning it makes for a
good sales pitch and gives some undergraduate a paper to write.

Anytime someone doesn't like the results of a study they try to pick it

So we should instead uncritically accept every promotional "study" that
comes down the pike?

Do you choose your toothpaste based on how much sexier it makes you?

- Frank Krygowski

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home