Old October 21st 06, 10:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael Warner

Default quad/hamstring balance

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:09:44 -0700, Tom Keats wrote:

In article ,
Michael Warner writes:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 00:10:29 -0700, Tom Keats wrote:

Bike-riding legs are good legs.

Good for bike-riding, but not good for running. I tried it for a few days
recently when I was on holidays and didn't have a bike, and just about
crippled myself! I could hardly walk after 3 days or so.

Yeah, I hope you can get back into bicycling soon.

Oh, I'm fine now, thanks. It was a few weeks ago, and the effect only
lasted a few days. I shouldn't have been so paranoid about a couple of
weeks of good living without much exercise :-)

'tell ya what -- I'm inflicted with a plantar callus (not to be
confused with a plantar wart) on the sole of my right foot.
It's right behind and between the little piggie that went to
market, and the one that stayed home. The accursed thing is
killing me when I'm on my feet. Doesn't bother me at all when
I'm riding. But just walking makes the damn thing inflict
such pain on me. I think I'd rather have hemmorhoids.
I don't sit down as much as I'm on my feets. Muh poor dawgs!

Sounds nasty. Hope it can be removed.