Old October 31st 08, 05:07 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Road Glidin' Don[_2_]

Default Could Key West be a bike model for America?

On Oct 31, 10:30*am, Henry wrote:
Road Glidin' Don wrote:

By cross-posting to motorcycle newsgroups, he's recieving exactly the
level of "respect" he shows for those he shares usenet with. *None, in
other words.

* Strange how some folks' panties become wadded up over
something as harmless as cross posting. Myself, I welcome
the diversity...

Perhaps you actually mean "attention" or "largest possible audience
for your views." It's the only resort left to those who, by personal
reputation or choice of idiotic subject matter, know their threads
won't get going unless they expand their net large enough to catch
sufficient numbers of loonies.

Suppose every message I and every other person here posted was cross-
posted to a dozen or more newsgroups, related or not, in an effort to
have our views read by as many people as possible. It would tend to
negate the rationale for having newsgroups devoted to particular areas
of interest - areas which, although never pure in content, are
nevertheless identifiable, making people better able to filter out
subjects they don't want to be deluged with (like non-Americans with
endless rehashing of a single American 9/11 controversy).

If that's too hard to get your head around, then imagine the extreme
of that: No newsgroups at all on usenet. Just one, big super-
newsgroup for everything and everyone. Now *there's* diversity for
ya, right? Then imagine how much luck anyone would have pursuing
topics they are interested in. End result: No one uses the resource
any longer because it's become unusable.

People who engage in what King of Apes does prove they don't
understand a thing about sharing a common resource (usenet). And,
while showing that, he then preaches to others about sharing the road.