Old November 12th 04, 08:17 PM
Clive George

"Andy Howes" wrote in message
One point you might have overlooked is the sign designating the cycle

path.

If it is circular then the path MUST be used. If the sign is rectangular
then it is merely advising one of the presence of a cycle path that MAY be
used.

Anybody remember a Professor Branestawm story when he got out of the train
and saw the sign "Passengers MUST cross the line by the footbridge"?

I've just had to point that out to the local cycling policeman (who does

NOT
use the mandatory ones !).

Did he correct you? Or are there now two people going around with the wrong
idea?

AH
Driving Instructor

Possibly time to look at the cycling section of the HC? When you have, you
can point out to us where your misunderstanding lay.

I really hope you're not teaching your students that cyclists must use
cyclepaths...

cheers,
clive